Friday, October 1, 2010

Summer Breeze by Roxanne Steed



6"x36" oil on gallery-wrapped canvas, 1 1/2" deep, edges painted with design continued from front

"Live each season as it passes."
- Henry David Thoreau


Today's painting "Summer Breeze" is a different format than I've worked on before, a very long, 6"x36" oil on gallery-wrapped canvas that is 1 1/2 inches deep. The sides are painted with the design carrying around the edges, so there is no need to frame if you choose that contemporary look. I love being able to live close to water, everything about it- to hear the wind blow across, smell the salt air, and try and see as far as I can - especially in the varying weather. One of my favorite places to just 'be'.
To purchase, please contact me: roxannesteed@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...