Monday, October 25, 2010

Moonlight oil painting by BECKY JOY

6x6 oil Sky #20 Moonlight available on my website 
for $110. includes display easel and free shipping in US

This little painting I did today after helping to roof my new studio. I didn't have time or the energy to paint the moon last night or the night before, but I did take notes on the colors. I love the moon when it first rises and has that peach color to it. The clouds are lit by the moon and have a warm green cast to them around the moon. I haven't gotten a lot of painting done with the studio work. Now that the roof is on we can take it a little easier. And now it can rain. I thought I would post a photo of my studio at the moment. Below is the cramped quarters and mess that I am working in right now. It makes it difficult to paint anything large.
My desk, which you cann't see very well under all the stuff, including dust is one of my favorite found pieces that I own. It was a desk that a contractor threw out. It had stains, cement, cigarette burns, etc on it. I loved the style, a 60's desk. I sanded it all down and found out that it was solid mahogany. I put many layers of tongue oil on it and repaired one of the drawer handles by rebuilding it. I couldn't find any to match or the same size with the holes matching up on the desk. So I rebuilt it and painted a faux finish to look like the wood, then put the tongue oil on it too. Turned out great. I love those kinds of finds.

Again, I hope to paint more tomorrow. Talk to you later.

BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
Prints
Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...