Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Falling Snow" by Kristin Jurist Haakenson

"Falling Snow" by Kristin Jurist Haakenson
acrylic on canvas
24" x 24" x 1.5"
$900 + $30 shipping &  handling (contact)

I've been in a wintry mood lately - that is to say, I've been aching for peaceful, snowy days that make the world a lot quieter and hot chocolate all the more delicious.

Since it's mostly just a rainy mess out here, I found a lot of my atmospheric inspiration from reading a poem by Joanna Klink called "Porch In Snow." It helped to put me in the right mindset for this painting. Originally featured in Klink's amazing book of poetry called Circadian, I first came upon "Porch In Snow" in an absolutely outstanding anthology called Montana Women Writers: A Geography of the Heart (seriously...this is an amazing book. I highly recommend it). Klink is a professor of graduate creative writing at the University of Montana-Missoula.

Kristin Jurist Haakenson
http://kristinjurist-art.com/
http://kristinjuristart.blogspot.com/
kristinjurist@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...