Wednesday, October 27, 2010

BECKY JOY sunset oil landscape

This 6x6 oil on canvas board is available on my website 
for $110. includes an easel & free shipping in US. 
 To purchase click here.

Today I had more painting time. I took a day off from construction, except to hold board a couple of times.
I started this painting and wiped it off not once, but twice. The second time I liked the look of the canvas in places where I wiped it off, so I kept it thin in the sky. I added the cloud with the brush and the light with the palette knife. This was a painting more about color than anything else. I like adding a touch of light in the ground to help balance the light in the sky. It gives a little more interest to the painting than just sky.

I also finished a larger painting today and touched up one that I realized after looking at it for a while that I wasn't really done with it. I needed to be more aggressive with the paint. I'll have to photograph it later. 
I got a call from Link Gallery in Wyoming. They received the paintings that I sent them and everything shipped just fine. Always a relief to hear that.

Well, more painting tomorrow.
BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...