Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Top Award Winners exhibit in Frisco, TX


“Deep in the Woods” ©2010 Niki Gulley
oil on canvas • 36" x 36"

I am absolutely crazy about aspen trees. I love their textured peeling bark, the sound of their tinkling leaves blowing in the breeze, the way the light illuminates their yellow leaves and makes them glow, and the repetition of the trunks packed so tightly together. The first time I saw them was on a trip with my family to Colorado and I fell in love with the beautiful scenery and peacefulness I found immersed in the forest and surrounded by mountains. I wanted to share my love of nature in “Deep in the Woods” so that you, too, could enjoy that calm and the beauty of the aspens.

“Deep in the Woods” and several of my other new paintings will be hanging at the Frisco Municipal Complex in Frisco, TX as part of a two man show featuring my paintings and Josh Trefehen’s photographs, in honor of us winning best in show and the top award at Frisco’s Art in the Square Festival in March. The exhibit will be on display through Oct. 1st at 6101 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco, TX 75034. For more information, see the August article of Frisco Style Magazine, friscostyle.com/index.php/component/content/article/43/189-august-2010-issue,
.

Or, visit my website at NikiGulley.com.

E-mail - Niki@NikiGulley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...