Thursday, September 9, 2010

SURF, TOM BROWN PLEIN AIR


"DOING THE WAVE"
7x5 INCH ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR
PALETTE KNIFE PAINTING
BY TOM BROWN


I was recently asked what kind of music I listen to while painting. While doing this wave my “music” was the roar and crash of ocean surf, the cries of gulls circling overhead and the sounds of breeze among palm fronds.

I like to stay totally focused while painting rather than just playing mindless background noise. The sounds of nature are my music at times like this. They help me connect with what I’m painting.

But when I listen to music, I really listen. Maybe chill with a good glass of wine and become totally immersed in it. Among my favorites are some you may not expect, like Pete Fountain, Leon Redbone, Scott Joplin’s ragtime piano and Iz (Israel Ka’ano’I Kamakawiwo’ole). If any of these are new to you, check them out. You may have a treat in store.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day. And if you’d like this painting for your home let me know: tombrownstudio@cox.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...