Wednesday, September 8, 2010

MUDDY SHOES AND GLOWING SKIES, TOM BROWN PLEIN AIR



"MUDDY SHOES AND GLOWING SKIES"
10x5 INCH ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR
OIL PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


Three simple things go into painting like this.

A LITTLE TALENT.
I’m third generation artist; mom was an artist, so was her dad. That helps.

A LITTLE PRACTICE.
I started as a toddler and never stopped. (That led to my first one-man gallery show, which sold out on opening day. I’ll never forget the glow of that moment.)

THE RIGHT GEAR.
In this case, my trusty pochade box and a palette knife. I love the immediacy of simply opening the paintbox, grabbing a knife and capturing the moment. No solvents to spill, no brushes to clean. Just me and the paint.

Oh, one more thing. You need to be willing to get mud on your shoes. This is a “wetland” after all!

Thanks for looking. Have a wonderful day. And if you’d like this painting for your home let me know: tombrownstudio@cox.net


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...