Friday, September 10, 2010

#3 sunset painting of 100 series by BECKY JOY


Sky #3 6x6 oil $110. To purchase click here.
The Sky is the Limit, series of 100
Free shipping and display easel with purchase.

The diagonal line in the foreground is offset by the diagonal in the clouds and the tall tree on the left. I kept working on this trying to get the sky light enough, but still enough color in it. In the light parts of the sky I used Cad lemon yellow, cad yellow light, dioxazene purple, ultramarine and cad orange. the clouds have the same colors with the addition of quinacridone rose and cad red light. The foreground is a lot of my left over paint making grays.

I hope to get a larger sunset painted this weekend. I need more in my inventory. These three have already given me ideas for my larger pieces. Come back to view #4 coming up soon.
BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com
www.beckyjoy.com
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com

2 comments:

  1. Dramatic skies have always been a favorite subject of mine. In your sky paintings you have beautifully captured the grandeur and drama without sacrificing the landscape that supports it. A wonderful balance. I am anxious to see all your sky art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gem. This is promising to be a great series Becky.

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...