Friday, July 9, 2010

Tropical Sunset Coneflowers



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite archival artboard

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way--things I had no words for."
- Claude Monet


The last arrangement of the week- it's an unusual variety of coneflowers that our local garden center had. The color was listed as 'Tropical sunset" if I remember correctly. And like any good perennial, it has come back even bigger & better this year. I chose this color for my garden, rather than the standard purple coneflowers because the color reminded me of the Florida, where I grew up. I cut some yesterday to bring in & the color of the blossoms looked great against my limey green shirt....so this is what is in my studio window right now, underneath the glass container.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...