Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Light of Morning on River by BECKY JOY


This 5x7 oil painting is available on my website for $100. To buy click here.

This is from a photo taken in Utah a few years ago. It was morning and the sun was coming over the mountains hitting the river here and there. I love that kind of striking light. I used the palette knife on the light in the painting which gives more attention to that area. The palette knife also works great on the light ripples in the water. I loved the various blues and violets in this scene. By keeping everything in that palette it makes the yellows, oranges and greens of the light stand out. 

It was a great day in the studio although a little short. I'm taking some time off to relax and go to the movies. I have to make sure and get out of the house here and there, because it is easy for me to spend all my time in the house and studio. Now that I moved and have my things all set up, I'm trying to get back into old routines which includes the treadmill. Sitting down at the computer and easel I don't get a lot of exercise. My routine used to always be the treadmill in the morning and then out of the house and studio at lunchtime for a bike ride or walk, just something to get out and see the world. Yesterday I started on the treadmill. Today I stepped it up and already feel the effects, which obviously means that I need it.

I'll be posting more paintings coming up so check back.
Later,
Available daily paintings



For Email Marketing you can trust

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...