Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Is For Roses



20"x16" oil on canvas mounted on archival board (Raymar)

"Happiness...Not in another place but this place, Not for another hour but this hour."
- Walt Whitman


I'm just back from a short trip to San Diego, where we used to live about 10 years ago. I still can't believe it's been that long since I'd been out there. Much is the same, but there are indeed some changes since I'd been away. One of the pleasant changes is a lavender farm that is currently open for tours during May & June. The drive up I-15 isn't bad, and once I got off the highway, I remembered that I had been up in Valley Center before. What a pretty place. When I finally reached the dirt farm road that led into their part of the valley where Keys Creek Lavender Farm is, it took my breath away...a painting in every direction that I looked. If you live in Southern CA, it's definitely worth the drive up.

So I've been obsessed about lavender lately....and getting back into my own garden. Sunday there were roses begging to be painted, so I brought them in...finally finished this painting today.

I'm starting a commission this afternoon, and it looks like a really nice week is in store here in CT. Happy Summer!

While it's wet & unframed:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $500 USD plus $26 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...