Thursday, June 17, 2010

Painting Progression and daily painting by BECKY JOY


To buy this 6x6 painting click here.


I posted this painting on EBay for a starting bid at $75. This is from a photo of a little house that I saw in southern Arizona several years ago. There were toys littering the yard and a dirt driveway. The roof was the main thing that attracted me to this place. The rust on the roof makes interesting colors to work with. You can see that I used the palette knife on the roof and the vegetation in the foreground and the grass. By doing so, I have given the painting more depth. In a painting like this one which has no far away view, you need to use soft edges to help create the depth. The tree in the background, the edge of the roof that is farther away and the house windows all have soft edges (at least part of the edge) which helps in giving that depth to the scene. I like using edges in all of my paintings, it also gives some variety to the painting. The palette knife works well for the hard edges and the brush for the soft edges.

Today I also worked on a larger version of yesterday's painting. I have posted on my blog several photos of start to finish of the painting. This is the block in and yes the sky is pink at this point. To view the other photos go to my blog: http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com/

I also have a drawing this month for a FREE painting. You can be in the drawing by signing up for my newsletter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...