Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Old Building with Political signs daily painting by BECKY JOY

This 5x7 oil is for sale on EBay for $75.

To bid on the painting click here.

This painting is from a photo that I took several years ago in Tombstone, AZ. I like old derelict places and this one had the added bonus of the political signs on the chain link fence. We all know those corners that seem to have the signs that never go away. The names change, but they always seem to be there. I thought this would make the perfect gift for the political person in your family.

I had a lot of fun painting this one. I kept the shadows warm, getting warmer as it moves to the sunlit area. I used the palette knife in the foreground, roof, sky and signs. Its much easier to get straight lines with the palette knife rather than the brush.

I have added a lot of people to my newsletter list this month. I'm shocked at how quickly this is building. I am offering a FREE daily painting in a drawing this month of those that subscribe to the newsletter. If you already subscribe, tell your friends. If they sign up, just let me know and I will put you both in the drawing.





I painted another small paintings, but cropped it when I photographed it today. So, I'll redo it for tomorrow.
Talk to you all later.
BECKY JOY
http://beckyjoyartist.blogspot.com/
http://www.beckyjoy.com/
beckyjoy@beckyjoy.com
Prints
EBay

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...