Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"My Iris" by Karla Nolan, palette knife oil painting


We garden quite a bit these days and luckily the irises are in bloom and doing well. It's been a bit wet in northern Colorado, rather unusual, actually. Sort of reminds me of the old New Jersey days -- green ground but gray skies. I'm so used to brown/red earth and blue skies in Colorado -- it has been so reminiscent of back East. However, it looks like it'll be clearing up soon and the return to summer-like weather is imminent.

This iris was painted a bit back and I'm so proud of it -- considering it was done with all knives. That's a hard feat to accomplish -- and I want to do more of the same with irises of different hues.

"My Iris", 7"X5" unframed palette knife oil painting on canvas attached to gatorboard, $70 includes s&h in North America, write me for more information and I can send you a Paypal invoice

MORE NEWS TO ANNOUNCE at KarlaNolanblogspot

1 comment:

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...