Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Gentle Sunset" by Karla Nolan, unframed palette knife oil painting

A palette knife oil painting, unframed, "Gentle Sunset" is a bit more subdued than some of the sunsets I have painted. It's a 4.5"x12" piece, ready for a frame. The clouds flower along, quiet tones of blues, lavenders, and corals, hinting at a peaceful end to your day. The mountains are almost always present in the paintings, as I do live right next to them and they are an integral part of my every day life.

I just returned home from Wyoming and Montana -- man, it is spring in these two states. I have a wet painting inspired by the rolling hills of Wyoming on the easel and the greens, not my particular favorite of colors, just shimmered. Hopefully you'll get to view it in the next couple of days. A bit of drying time is necessary! And I am doing a palette knife oil painting demonstration at Meko's Gallery, 222 Linden Street, Fort Collins this Saturday afternoon around 1:00 pm -- stop by and visit!

"Gentle Sunset", 4.5"x12" palette knife oil painting, $95 includes s&h in N. America, contact me to Paypal invoice at KarlaNolan@gmail.com and thank you for visiting!

MUCH MORE AT KarlaNolanBlogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...