Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Day of Laundry daily oil painting by BECKY JOY

This painting is for sale for $100, click here.

This 6x6 is from a scene in Mexico in the Sierra Madres. I went to village by the name of Huachinera several years ago. Saturday was laundry day. As I walked through town, I saw several women scrubbing the clothes by hand and hanging them. This vine was overhanging the fence and beyond it the laundry. I tried to take photos of a woman doing her laundry, but she was really embarrased so I kept walking. Anyway, I took this picture on the sly. There were some wonderful colors in the clothes, but also the vine which I think was a gourd. I used the palette knife in the roof, some of the clothing and of course, the vine. After painting in most of the vine, I went back with the brush to define the tops of some of the fence keeping the paint thinner on the fence. Then I went back into the vine to add more highlights and depth with the palette knife. I really like using the combination of the palette knife and the brush so that I can easily get a variety of texture and edges.

I'm also working on a larger piece. I'm trying to get some work done to enter some upcoming shows. One more to finish then the apps will be ready.

Sign up for my newsletter to be in my monthly drawing for a FREE painting.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...