Friday, April 30, 2010

Palette Knife Daily Floral Painting - Red Flowers by Judy Mackey

"Be Still My Heart"
12 x 12 inches, Oil on Canvas
I think one of our other palette knife painters mentioned that painting with a palette knife comes easily to her. I'm in agreement. I love the feel of the thick paint as it drags or smooths across a surface. Sometimes it's like icing a cake and sometimes the effect is totally a surprise. Colors mix on the surface or as I drag the knife new colors emerge from the layers of thick paint. The feeling is like being a child again playing with finger paints.
If you are a visitor to this blog won't you consider subscribing to receive updates of this blog? Speaking for myself, I know that when I receive an email from the Palette Knife Painters and open the email, it thrills me to see all the different paintings from our artists.
Palette Knife Artist, Judy Mackey

1 comment:

  1. Love the art, love the title! And I totally understand that feeling - I have recently done my first palette knife painting. I intend to do more!

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...